At the beginning of every new year there are always those that choose to make resolutions, declaring that they are going to walk down a new path as the new year begins. 2010 has been no different. I try not to make “resolutions” at the beginning of each year, simply because of the enigma that surrounds the thought. As this year has begun, I have continually asked one question to myself and to God, “What if…?” Below are ten “What if…?” questions that just give a glimpse of what 2010 can actually become.
- What if…you chose to make 2010 the year that you made a list of things that you were “going” to do, not things that you “wanted” to do?
- What if…you listened purely to the heart of God this year, obeying His every word?
- What if…you read your Bible not because it is what you’re “supposed” to do, but because it is what you “want” to do.
- What if…you prayed and cried out to God for help not just because it was your last resort?
- What if…you didn’t wait until an event like the earthquake in Haiti to get passionate about missions or the lost?
- What if…you loved every person that you came into contact with?
- What if…you made your relationship with Christ a two-way street?
- What if…you didn’t make “church” just a thing on Sunday morning?
- What if…you stepped out in faith when God asked you too?
- What if…you didn’t leave this list feeling threatened or judged, but ready to conquer the world?